Friday, October 5, 2007

Notice

I am giving notice.

I am leaving for a cushy county job with benefits and everything, just like any human being deserves, along with pay befitting my skills.

I know this sounds ludicrous, as I am:

Female

Young

A mommylady

and last but not least

Not willing to shun my family for my work.


(Yes, my last talk with my boss, I was indeed criticized for all four.)
However, I feel that as a smart little cookie and hard worker with a child to support, I deserve all of those benefits and much, much, more. The sorts of "more" that were proffered as SSA bait, and then revoked. Yes. Things like raises and respect.


So long, evil aerospace entity.

I won't miss you, and you will be super fucked without me. Ta.

3 comments:

FirstNations said...

IF YOU SPENT LESS TIME IN THE WOODS KNITTING IT WOULDN'T HAVE COME TO THIS YOU KNOW.

dang.

rock ON.

Secret Agent Squid said...

Man, if I could spend my whole life knitting in the woods, I would be a lot happier!

And it might not end up being the county job, but sheeeeeeeeit, I will sling coffee at the 'Shoe. NIGHT SHIFT, even. Or work for Ross. Must. Leave. Evil. Job.

Moominmama said...

Whoo-hoo! good on ya. just let them try to replace you. they'll be sorry.