Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Unemployment

...but not THAT kind of unemployment. Manwife is busy paying the state back after his last bout of lazy bastardry, so we don't go there. We don't "do" the govt money thing, it'll always bite ya in the ass later.
And no one likes an assbiter. The noise of ass-munching alone is enough to make me hurl shoes at the dog/tatopig/kitty/person. Ugh.

I digress.

Today is my second work-week day of unemployment, and it's fucking grand - not at all the pit of discontent and pus and bile and poorly made coffee that was the Aerospace Job. So I have been chirping all weekend, and all yesterday, I frolicked around the house. Yes, ladies and gents, FROLICKED.
Yesterday, I woke up at 10 am, wore my pyjamas around all morning, cooked, did laundry, drank coffee & paid bills, bought a new curling iron (mine broke in two, wtf is that about?!) then got two-for-one lancome lipsticks and new sable brushes, had lunch and some tea, went on a drive, went to the library, went to the head shrinker, picked up the Squidge (gooneybird for you nationites), cooked kick-ass pasta with homemade vodka sauce, played with the boy and the dude and watched tv, downloaded stuff for my sims, knitted, did more laundry, fed the hamster,
read the new Real Simple and went to sleep with a snoring yet toasty warm Manwife.


(this is the Manwife, at home in his native mountain habitat. See the Slavic scowl and predisposition towards woolen pea coats and authoritarian disapproval of photo taking...oooohh, ahhh. Ok, let's not feed it, or poke it with sticks, as it will get cranky and revoke our coffee privileges.)








And I frolicked and pranced about annoyingly the whole time.
Oh, and I momentarily lost my wallet, but who's counting? But I had good coffee! Those men I worked with in engineering, they may have their Master's in Aeronautical engineering, but they could not understand how a coffee pot worked or a bean grinder or coffee filters! GOOD SWEET LORD, GENTS! So I relished my mad coffee skillz. But no, there was no real relish. Ew, pickles and coffee. Ew ew ew.

Anyhow. Saturday and Sunday were much the same, expect Saturday I was horrifically hungover after more free drinks than I could drink - well almost, I did drink them all. So we went to Taco Del Mar for fish taco and bean and rice breakfasts, coffee, and knitting while reading The Stranger (not Camus, the weekly in Seattle). We drove out to Ma and Pa's, played with the cranky Squidge and watched gearhead TV programs with Pa. Then we left, bought some embroidering floss and a felt knitting needle pouch and pawed the yarn at the craft store. Yes, WE pawed the yarn. Manwife taught me to purl.
Sunday, I honestly don't remember much. All tacoed out, we had crappy burgers at Fiamma Burger (I highly, highly highly disapprove of the grease soaked thin patties), and hung out and did laundry and made out a lot. Well, Squidge was napping while that went on, don't get the wrong idea here. :P

So....yeah! No discontent, no unhappiness...no...I don't know? Things are fine, I've already bought my damned Xmas presents because I am more organized than Martha Stewart like that, I already have my bags packed to elope, and tapped ye olde trust fund to pay bills during my short unemployment. No mess, no fuss. Though it did take me about three months to get up the gumption to actually QUIT my job. I liked what I did and love the people I worked with, so it was a rough choice, but I am extremely happy.
I guess that's how I run things? I plan? Like....compulsively? I do not flail as some would assume? I may be annoyed and stressed by it, but it works pretty damn efficiently.

Oh and here is the Batman costume Squidge helped me make for Halloween. Kid got a bucket and a half of candy for two hours' work! I am helping him eat it, no worries.
Awwwwwww, who's a happy little Batman? Yes! Squidge is. He painted the mask bit all by himself mostly only needed a bit of help with the globs of acrylic paint. He has a cape, but is holding it behind his back - I think it helps the element of surprise? I don't know, he is a bizarre little duck.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your little doll with the tattoos and everything. so cute!

as far as unemployment goes...i didn't have a chance to quit the job that made the sadistic and twisted bitch that we all know and love...no, they fired me first, then b/c they had a bad rep to begin with, i have trouble finding a job b/c all employers think people who worked there are morons. so, i feel your pain, but praise you on having another job that is starting soon!!!!

i love your mom. she's hilarious, and i count her as one of my best friends, even though she lives on the other side of the country.

INNER VOICES said...

ah yes, we spent more time getting them ready and gussied up for halloween than they spent trick or treating with their dad.
so whats yer next move with the job thing? small vacation? sit around the house watching soaps? hahah joking, i hope not. or yer probubly getting ready for it to start raining soon. when it rains here the roads close, a hundred accidents happen a day and the power goes out for those who have it, etc... enjoy the week off!

Secret Agent Squid said...

pink - pretty similar work situation! i quit because they are notorious for letting people rot there, unwanted and underpaid and bailed when I got a chance.

IV - toootally. I spent all day at mum's sewing the costume up, and very little time out trick or treating. It's the sims and intarwebs and laundry for me this week, I start a bit of prelim stuff later - thu or fri, I hope. I'm a bit bored.

INNER VOICES said...

sims? is that washington speak? hahahha anyway, i'd love to have some time to be bored.. envious of you fer sure.

Moominmama said...

responses, in order:
1. somehow i pictured the Manwife as being harrier than that. dunno y.
2. i love the fact that you felt compelled to specify which stranger, because clearly your readership would instantly latch on to Camus if you hadn't directed us otherwise. either you have the blogosphere's most erudite and literate readership EVER, or you seriously overestimate the literary caliber of the people who hang out here. either way, bravo!
3. the background of your Meeze-thing... is that a painting by L.S. Lowry? It looks like his style, but that's the last thing I'd expect to find on meez. just wondering.
4. re: Squidge/GB: Awwwww! Does he have hair, or is the top of his head just slightly tanned?

Moominmama said...

*hairier. i'm clearly not in the Camus-reading half.

Secret Agent Squid said...

IV - sims is a game by EA wherein you manipulate little people in a virtual dollhouse/god scenario. It's how I get my control freak tendencies out.

CB - 1) he IS much hairier, but I make him shave and keep his beard clipped and his hair trimmed.
2) that may have just been wishful thinking...but apparently it was GW Bush's supposed summer reading last year, so you never know. Gee Dub could be reading right now...
3)According to meez, it's a picasso, but they wouldn't know better and I am with you on Lowry.
4)he does have hair, but had his hair length privelleges revoked after a nasty bout with fingerpaints and syrup. Ick. My motto is, if you can't keep crap out of your pelt, you don't get a pelt - which obviously applies to manwife :P

Moominmama said...

Picasso? no fucking way. i don't buy it. Pisarro (I can't remember which one, there were too damn many) did some winterscapes in Paris and his palate was similar, but the strokes in that picture look too heavy to be his style, and the perspective of the buildings is quite casual/soft, which is also inconsistent. I'm still putting my money on Lowry.


(and showing off while I'm at it.)

Rimshot said...

Awww...I wish my boy were still that li'l. It's just creepy making him dress up now. Not for Halloween, mind you, I just make him wear costumes and stuff when we go to dinner.

and what's wrong with a Peacoat?(as long as it does NOT have a designer label inside)

INNER VOICES said...

ah... god like... i understand... "i command thee!!!"

Moominmama said...

alright, this one is obviously Japanese, but i don't know enough about Japanese art even hazard a guess at the period, never mind the artist. You got me.

FirstNations said...

CUTIE TATOBAT!

you sound great, kiddo. you needed way more frolicking in your life. you did a brave thing.
song by goonybird:

poop butt,poop poop
we have poopy butts
every one has them
fart, fart fart
farty poop butts
stinky butt stinky butt stinky butt
heh heh heh heh heh.
dog
go to the house
hab a san wig
(takes off boot, sings down hole)
poooooooop butt
poopy butt butt pbbbbbbbpt
frappy butt smelly poop
woooooooo woo woo
san wig wif bread.
_______

you think i am joking.

Rimshot said...

Merriam Webster would beg to differ with you.

Moominmama said...

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! van gogh???? no way!!!

i'm a HUGE van gogh fan (seriously, you have no idea; he's my fav painter of ALL TIME), and i've never seen anything like that. i know he was hugely influced (as many victorians were) by the japanese style, and you can see it in a lot of his works, espically in the dogwoods and roses and stuff. but i've never seen anything like that that goes beyond the line of influence and crosses right over into imitation. crazy! i'd love to know the title, if you can dig it up.

Rimshot said...

Houses seen from the Back, 1885

It's on display at the V.Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. Widely accepted to be painted in the post-impressionistic style.

Secret Agent Squid said...

rim - Miriam Webster can rim the circumference of my butthole. Oxford English, bb! I quote" redneck

• noun N. Amer. informal, derogatory a working-class white person from the southern US, especially a politically conservative one."

meh.

CB - it reminds me more of the stuff from Die Brucke, specifically Kirchner, but I think it's just the gloom in his post war stuff that does it.

rim - you are awesome, mucho mucho gracias.