Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sner! Snerrr! (snow)

Today it snowed! About goddamned time too, the sky's been grumpy and slumping low and pee-grey for about a week now.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis is my patio, hello snowy bbq!

So what have I been doing to stave off cabin fever, wedding dementia, and toddleritis?
(warning, picture-heavy)

* Bakin' stuff... *


monster cookies!!! yay!! one is cyclops.



errrrrmmmmm....it's another cyclops cookieZOMGOMG!!!
truly, that is a heinous peen cookie. and it was delicious.



bread! I made wholesome, delicious bread!











* Running the command center of toy making awesomeness *

That's an old Swinger touch-n-sew from the mid-seventies. The other day the little pattern disc popped out and made the top right compartment pop open and break my thread. Pretty rad. Also I keep losing my manual and I always fuck up the thread tension after winding bobbins so that when I go to sew things rusch up and tear my sewing. Luckily, I use test scraps of cloth to avoid fucking my work up.
Still. You'd think someone with an M.E. background could figure a damned sewing machine out.

That's a finished elephant (its legs even move and whatnot! AMAZING!) and a duck I am going to finish as soon as I fix my goddamned sewing machine. I stitched the elephant almost entriely by hand, and the wing for the duck is machine stitched and hand-embroidered. Let's hope my little sisters don't gnaw the buttons off of either and choke or anything. Good god.

That's all for now, I've got pix of my log cabin pillow that I'm quilting and embellishing, but I'll post the whole shebang once it's finished I think.

16 days until I am a Missus and can no longer pinch other mens' bums (mostly waiters, eh eheheh).
15 days til I am the fuck out of this boring bloody town.

9 comments:

Rimshot said...

oooh, you live in a bloody town?!?!? That's sooooooo kewl! Are there bodies strewn about? I didn't see any in the picture, but I assume that the snow covered up the carcasses and plasma. Is it like Sin City or like the wild west with outlaws gunning each other down in the street? Why would you want to leave that?

That Efalump is very cute!

Secret Agent Squid said...

Well...this was part of the last frontier, not in a star trek way though...and we have lots of meth heads shooting each other every week....so yeah!

Moominmama said...

where'dja get the penis cookie-cutter? I need one!

Secret Agent Squid said...

cb,that is all freehand. Me and my pastry knife and..erm..models...call it figure-study baking!

INNER VOICES said...

ha ha, i have a friend who has the penis cookie cutters, every year she has a baking party and busts them out. complete with cookie hair and all, lucky you to get some snow... we might get some rain soon!

Anonymous said...

love the elephant. it's so cute! i want one! and i can honestly say that i've never seen a more lifelike penis cookie. well done.

i don't sew. i don't bake either, but at least i have the option to do that.

i know a lady who made a penis cake for her daughter's bisexual friend's birthday.

Secret Agent Squid said...

IV - ...cookie hair..as in pubic...? that doesn't sound right. AT ALL. But it does sound delicious!

Pink - thank you! I am hoping my little sisters don't tear the toys apart too quickly. I once made a boob-cake for my girlfriend's bf, that was pretty easy, you just cut out a flat sheet cake and add cupcakes for the tatas! We covered it in those penis candies (not the gummy kind).

21stCenturyMom said...

Hey this is in response to a comment over at FN.

Trader Joe and Whole Foods are nothing alike which is a good thing. Trader Joe is wonderful in its own special way. I'm not sure they have quince paste but they have so much other yummy stuff, who cares!?

I live in an area that has both and I spend way more time at TJ than I do at Whole Foods a.k.a Whole Paycheck.

Lovely Christmas crafts you have there. Including the cyclpos cookie. Oh my.

INNER VOICES said...

so, you feckkin marred yet er wot? hahaha.. good luck!