Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I Wore (aka it's totally narcissism, look at my awesome thrift find)

I don't have anything particularly pithy to say, I'm wiped out from a day out with my lovely mum and a nice dinner all together - spaghetti, Avenue Bread's rosemary-laced heavenly bread, and maybe a smidge too much wine and chocolate piroutte cookies. Then Ma and I had to watch a few episodes of Two Fat ladies, which is an emotional event in itself. So. Much. Pork. Love, love, looooooooooove Two Fat Ladies. I love their accents, I love their recipes, I love their camaraderie, and most of all, I love their motorcycle and the little treks they take to cook for all kinds of neat groups of people! In the three we watched, they cooked for a group of Irish Benedictine nuns, a group of girls at Pony Camp (oooo, posh), and a men's chorus from Whales. So cool! What I would give for that to be ME! I'd love to roam around making porky loveliness and lamb pies and scones.
Ok, so I would also love to stay put and do that too. Not gonna lie.
So between groceries, lunch, nursery browsing, drives, dinner, meandering through our garden, and cozy tv watching, this is what I wore (except for the shoes inside my house, that is totally not allowed. Mud. It rains here. A lot)...
Wandering outside, getting valuable plant advice from Ma. Costello is eating something disgusting.
I apologize to Michelle right now for how bad my awesome hair looks in this. I ruined her art!
 
Tunic: Thrifted at Buffalo Exchange
Leggings: Target
Boots: Sparky Boot by Jump

Super duper fabulous, and full of button-y joy. And blurry. I might be tipsy.
Don't you judge me. I see you.

deco fan pattern!  
I really dig this tunic, it can ride a bit scarily low in the front, but it's a cotton-modal blend and feels like schlumpy pyjamas. Modal is probably one of my favorite fabrics to wear - I've bought unattractive or unnecessary clothing purely because it was modal. The feel of nice modal is somewhere between thin raw silk and sueded, lightweight cotton. Luscious!
I think this outfit worked alright. I had planned on belting it with my corset buckle belt (in blessed spandex and then leather where it counts) but it turns out that it was ready to go to Goodwill for another sassy portly lady. Weeding is killing my wardrobe, but I am getting more toned. I noticed, too, that I bought this tunic in a Large (well, being thrifted, that was really the only size...) but it needs to be nipped at the waist quite a bit.
Yet another project to add to Mend and Hem Mountain.
And in case you're wondering, I was able to wear my tall leather boots in June because it was windy and rainy here. Again. June! I had wanted to marry you and your lovely sunshine! Come back. I will buy you ice cream and even help you eat it. I love you, sunny June. I miss you.

No comments: